Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Big 3. WTF Are These Guys Doing Being CEO's?

Well, the last forty years has given rise to the possibility of me becoming a CEO. I normally don't watch C-SPAN, actually, I've never watched C-SPAN in my life until the other night, when I was so privileged to be in the presence of greatness. Ok, I know they flew in on their private jets a few weeks ago, but they are leased jets and not owned;) Anyway, I typically have a lot of tolerance forBS and I definitely give the benefit of the doubt, but these idiots are so smug and full of false confidence that it made me laugh out loud. The only thing that compared to their poor performance was Congress. Granted, not everyone had the chance to offer questions and speak their opinion, but for the ones that did, it offered a poor sample of their intelligence or at least their dignity they actually possess. We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we voted them in. Enough about these guys.

Here's the deal kids. I should've let the cat out of the bag earlier, but I had to pay attention to current events surrounding this unprecedented event in our economic history. We are indeed headed for the big "D" as in Depression. The question is not if, but when. We are entering a time that is completely different in shape than the big slam of the 1930's. Patience is the key kids. The problem is that people think that stocks which drop are going to go down infinitely and vice vera. Here is the deal, when you first get in, buy in with only 10-20% of you liquid cash. The stock market can make you a great deal of money, but if you are like me, you always stay at least 40% Liquid, unless it is a time like this, which you need to be at least 20% liquid, but no more than 30%.


Wait until next time when I address the current cycle of the economy.

No comments: